« Home | The Longest Weekend IV: Payback » | The Longest Weekend III: Sunday Salubong » | The Longest Weekend II: No Raining On My Parade » | The Longest Weekend. » | hmmm. » | knew it. mapapalit n nga si chito. » | omg. britney na britney. » | scary. » | akong ako. » | tsktsktsk. »

The Longest Weekend V: Milenyo

written 9/28/2006 150p

Thursday. Leche siya. Lecheng bagyo. Sinuspend na nga ang klase ng LegRes day, tinanggal na nga ang kuryente, pinatay pa ang cellphone signals.

I’m so mad. While changing sheets kanina my nail chipped, I was so bitter. I was like, “fine cut my nails too. Tutal, you took away my signal. Take it all away from me.”

Bitchsesa talaga.

Because he’s right. Brother Dom at the retreat was right. When he said that our cellphones are our self’s extension. I have known that ever since I held my first phone in Third year high school.

Yup, because I was texting him that’s why I’m bitter. And yes, because there’s a him in my life. Hay. And yes because I have no wifi and Dad forgot to pay the phone bills. How primitive can you get.

Kanina in the first minutes after I realized the problem with the signal, all I kept on thinking was “[insert my favorite cuss word here] how am I supposed to talk to him now” and I hate it. This is one moment when I wish I had my own place and we’ll spend the whole lazy day there, talking and eating and playing jackstone. Haha.

Aggh I miss him already. Bagyo, just give me signal, and we’re okay. =/

11ish in the eve: Trying to stay awake to open the gate when Mom and Dad come home, I thought about what will the 8year old me say if I saw her now. She’ll be speechless as to how gorgeous I’ve become, worship me for my curls but get frustrated about how humble my breasts are, hehe [Was I supposed to warn you guys about that first?]. She will hear about lawschool and give an “o, well” reaction about everything. At least I’m on my way. She’ll anticipate the nicest people I’ve gathered so far to call my friends, and the crazy things I’ve done that made me who I am now. She won’t believe I found Chito. As for my lovelife, she won’t believe it at first that I chose him. He is not the cutest guy I’ve seen, you know. But when she hears from me how I feel about him and how much happiness he fills my soul, my being, she will probably glow for me, and say I have done good, so far. =)

Oh, I’ll tell her of my debut. And ask her why she wasn’t specific as to what will make us successful.

Friday. Finally saw the damage the bagyo brought, at grabe siya. Disaster’s an understatement. There’s a sense of quiet, of respect for the damage habang dumadaan kami sa mga natumbang trees.

But we went to Tagaytay. It was foggy, I loved it. Nagbuhay baboy din kami dahil we bought buko tart and pizza and goto.

All for the love of charging cellphones.

Saturday. Ulan declared that there were classes. I’d say, a wrong move. Even Town ran in generators. Starbs frank was closed. And the lib and the school ran in generators din.

Amurao cancelled at five, my prof never replied. We had to wait outside Kuya Jun’s office until 615. I hated it. I was a useless beadle.

But I got to do one thing. At the Town, Shem and I asked him to transfer the car while we wait for him. We waited for him by saving the parking space. We were standing in the empty space for how many minutes, and I swear that’s one of the things I’ve been wanting to do ever since. And the fact that it sounds and looks crazy makes it all the more worth it. That’s checked off my list then. =)

Sunday. As most of the people I know started getting kuryente back, I became restless and hopeless. The Meralco here in our place is sooo indio. I hate it.

I was on the brink of picking a fight in Jollibee. With an older man. In a pajero. Well, it’s his fault, antanga nya. Balak mauna sa drive thru line. Wag niya akong payabangan ng pajero niya. He saw my car and its bangga. I can always smash his car with the dented part of mine, it’s gonna get replaced anyway.

Oooh, Dad and his friends had a drinking session. They were drinking San Mig Light. I wanted to ask for at least one. Tunggera, haha.

And I realized, while I was moonbathing, that I love Chito. I do. And yes the moon was out Sunday night. I loved the glow. Pale platinum-ish. Twas nice. But there, I love Chito. He makes me and the family happy. I dunno what I’ll do if I lose him.

belle, validus, sapiens

  • I'm yves
  • From Laguna, Philippines
  • a little girl in a sort of woman's body laughs like there's no tomorrow a contented rebel pop culture worshipper adores anything with cheese her life is a chick flick. genuine, passionate, deep. i am me.
princess profile

chums



  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox