« Home | hmmm. » | knew it. mapapalit n nga si chito. » | omg. britney na britney. » | scary. » | akong ako. » | tsktsktsk. » | magaling, magaling. » | hahaha. magkakaalamanan sa 22. =p » | relief. » | Sky’s the limit. »

The Longest Weekend.

15-17. BASICALLY, haha. Little did we know that the retreat’s the start of our pagbubuhay baboy. Hahaha.

So. I thought I was going to be left by the bus. I left at 745 when the bus leaves at 8. Saya. But I wasn’t the last to arrive. While waiting for the people who came later than me, Shem and I exhibited our incapacity to delay gratification by reading the retreat letters that the other goddesses [and yes I meant that to include him] wrote us. We were ditzy as hell, cooing over everything every single time.

Then we arrived in Batangas. The same retreat house. What’s the first thing that we did? Right. We had merienda. And got introduced to the retreat master who held the mahiwagang bell. And was sent to our rooms [which we chose. Shem and I were the last to be given a room, sadyang matira ang matibay ang labanan dun.]. Then we had lunch.

Turns out, the retreat was about that: pagbubuhay baboy and talks about guess what, love. I couldn’t believe it at first that that’s everything we had to discuss but well, if you think about it, that where everything springs from.

I liked their approach. I thought they’ll be strict and forbid even using cellphones. But no. I liked that they treated us like adults.

Ooh, and my birthday gift for myself: I confessed. Sobrang burden off talaga. Six years is more than enough, really.

And I liked Goal!. I want a copy of that.

It was not really a retreat, it was more of a time to take a break from everything. A time to be not law students.

Game Monday

Started the day quite early. Shem and I looked like die-hard fans of the basketball team because we were in Araneta at 7am. We were ashamed of that at first, but well, well.

We were the first in the line. And guess what, we got Patron seats! O di ba, dyosang- dyosa. Never in my three years’ stay in La Salle have I experienced sitting in patron.

Then we had a date in Gateway. It’s nice pala no, the ambiance reminds me of Plant. We went upstairs, sa floor ng cinemas, sat in the egg-shaped seats, and read. Consti for me, Persons for Shem. Adik, lawst students. Ooh, we had lunch at Pizza Hut Bistro. Ohh, reminds me of the other goddesses. =(

May I just say. At first the sight of 80% red shirts was scary. But it grows on you, it does.

While staying at Coffee Bean, fixing a personal problem of mine, Kuya Jun, his wife and the rest of the people in Alabang started arriving. Andun din stalker ko. Later on, Ulan himself arrived.

The worth-it moment of the day: while asking the usher where our seats were. Ulan poked me in the arm, and basically had this conversation with us:

Ulan: Sino kasama niyo?
Shem and I: Kami lang po.
Ulan: Ang sosyal nyo ha, samantalang ang mga kasama nyo nasa taas.

Oooh, in case I haven’t explained it yet, Ulan’s the Vice Dean but technically is the Dean of Alabang Law. And yes, he got lower box seats.

Bwahahah.

The game was fun. I loved Ekwe’s palpal. The guy whom most girls have a crush on was a bit bano. But I thought the game was worth the waking up early in the mawn.

And yeap. I adored, the little kids who cheered during half time, although Shem found that pedophilic. I really should learn that Oompa chant.

Later in the evening while talking to him we discovered something funny. See, Shem was seating at B1, me at B2 and some man at B3. AND. His family occupied B4-B7. and I didn’t know. Ayos. Indirect meet the parents huh.

Tuesday. I woke up with the thought at the back of my head that it’ll be just a quiz for Persons. And boy, was I right. By one in the afternoon people started texting me that the coverage would be acp. Was that freaky, or I just know Ulan that well.

And the atmosphere in the school just changed. Just like what I told Shem, nagiging tao na kami. People were actually talking to us notwithstanding the possibility of getting sucked in inside our bubble. And we especially me, we now talk to them. Hindi na ako takot sa karamihan sa kanila. I dunno why it’s like that; I’m betting on the combination of the effects of the retreat, the game yesterday, the little banderitas and the lechon they’ve hidden somewhere.

[But I am offering a little tip to my stalkers {haha, kapal talga.}: be a friend. Act as if I am a normal friend you don’t like. Because if I get the hunch that I am being eyed on, I get scared, I get aloof. This suggestion is good only in the presumption that one merely wants to admire from afar. Dahil kung mismong da moves na ang pinag-uusapan, ask Shem. She loves making announcements with her invisible portable microphone.]

Ten te ne nen.

But I love it. Of course. I feel like I am slowly getting in the zone [yup, sa tono ng song with the same title ni Britney.] and honestly, I feel like everything’s putting itself into place [arrrg grammar schammar alert]. Is it a good thing, then, to be giddy about Friday as early as after midterms that as the day gets nearer, everything is somehow always just how I like them to be?

I am honestly astounded. Just how right Coelho was when he wrote about the universe conspiring to give you what you want. So it pays to speak up and do your share.

And btw, I can party na. Wala lang.

Btw2. A blockmate of mine replied when I forwarded the text about the quiz, “thanks Madam.” Oha. Tinalbugan ang tawag saking Mam ng domicile. =p [But then again, he called our beadle who’s a guy the same thing. Hmmm.]

Btw3. A friend, after listening to my reason how come I highlight my books in a gay manner and tadtad them with little notes [sori, I just can’t think of the English word for that], gave up trying to understand me, actually described me as nakakadugo ng ilong, and left to try to breathe. Refreshing dava. Shem and I just couldn’t believe it. Antagal na tapos ako pa. Ako pa ha. Hindi niya lang alam, kaya ako maputla e.

Btw4. Shem and I sitting in Powerbooks’ carpeted floor, reading one astrology book that freaking hits the bulls eye, 80% of the time. And we were amazed at how accurate it is. How ditzy can we get huh.

Wednesday Twas a tiring day, physically and emotionally. Shem and I had to line up in Araneta, only to find out that what’s left were upper B tickets, and upper A’s standing room starts lining up at twelve.

The atmosphere got a bit heated, and Shem actually joined in the fun. I was like the girlfriend who stands beside the naghuhurumentadong tb-hing ‘boyfriend’. But it was their fault. Magulo ang sistema.

Mahirap kasi ang makalasap ng Patron seats. You’re given the best that’s why you only expect the best. That’s what failed us both. We loved, absolutely adored the thought that we were in Patron Monday, that being in Upper A isn’t even remotely fine.

The worst part of it all? Tinambakan pa sila. Twenty plus points. A lot of the audience, including us, sort of walked out the coliseum not out of pagkapikon, but because of lining up for the tickets, which turned out to be released at 9 in the mawn the following day. Hay, stress.

And my voice is starting to show my kapaguran. Namamalat ako.

Thursday. The family lined in Araneta at around 8 in the morning and there were people ahead of us already. Araneta was being bitchy, saying at first that the only tickets left are for Upper A, then later Upper B. People who lined up after us well fine, including us, were freaking mad. The woman who’s very first in the line was shouting and yes, nagwawala. I was starting to be scared, let’s just say La Salle’s system is much peaceful, organized than this.

Then they gave in. They said they’re selling twelve patrons and nineteen upper boxes.

But seriously. Leche yung babaeng umaangal. Walong tickets kinuha. When one person’s allowed to get just two tickets. Tapos may dalawang scalpers pang ahead of us. They looked suspicious and boy, were they quiet, with a secret smirk on their faces when the bona fide Bedans were loudly complaining.

Aaarg I hate them. I hate the system. It’s too political. When did the world start to be this messy. Gaguhan tayong lahat.

Then we went home, had lunch at Grams. Shem ordered cheese steak for take out. I can’t remember what he ordered, but I think there was soup. He got Mel onion rings. Oooh I am craving as I type. =p

Then we went to school. Nakakatawa, Shem and I acted like boarders. After settling in, instead of studying, the ditzy lesbian couple occupied two cubicles, na magkahiwalay naman, and slept. Well, Shem said she had a catnap lang but mine was longer, and really, quite needed. After that we ate the onion rings that she got. Then I bought fries. Then we walked around the school like superbisoras. Then Shem was asked by Kuya Jun if we lined up for tickets. Then we sold him the extra ticket we had. Then we realized we are Alabang’s scalpers, and our greatest regret for the day was not hoarding enough. Then we went outside the school. Then we ate the cheese steak that she bought. Then we went to “class”.

Well mine was more of that, “class”. Her prof’s the one who makes sure the class gets their moneys’ worth. Mine ahmm, hmmm. It’s like I didn’t leave.

So. My block went to the lib to do what the activity for the meeting was, making a legal opinion re sex changed individuals. Fun fun. Shem helped me with pretty much everything, even down to how the flow must be. I really had to tell her that that act of hers reminded me of someone, about a year ago.

And then I get a text, saying that I should be at Pancake Frank at 9 the following morning.

The celeb has began.

Oooh, and I started glowing.

I went home, and my parents were nowhere. Until like eleven. Then at eleven thirty they couldn’t wait any longer, because they had to sleep na, they lighted the candle in the cake and sang to me. And my Dad told Mom, “sige na Ma, bigay mo na gift niya. Tignan mo, ni hindi na nga makangiti o.” which if you’re living with them you won’t really know as to its verity. And even if it’s true, there’s an 80% chance it won’t be what you wished for. Maybe it’s a clothing material. A night gown. A perfume. A piece of jewelry. Ooh btw, I just remembered. For my 18th birthday my dad gave me this bracelet, with chains and little locks, as in gates’ locks, on it.

And she brings out a Smart paperbag. I was hesitant to open it. Half glowy and half disbelieving. I got an N70.

Tsktsktsk. And it’s just eleven thirty.

Then he calls me up, waits for twelve, sings to me, and texts his brother as to how to open an N70.

Shit, my birthday has arrived.

belle, validus, sapiens

  • I'm yves
  • From Laguna, Philippines
  • a little girl in a sort of woman's body laughs like there's no tomorrow a contented rebel pop culture worshipper adores anything with cheese her life is a chick flick. genuine, passionate, deep. i am me.
princess profile

chums



  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox