« Home | zzzzz. » | my new second home » | damn, i knew it » | hah! » | *random thoughts* » | it's not perfect, but it's okay » | is untitled a good title? » | bwehe »

visiting the roots

Last Wednesday, my Mom, Kuya Nash and I embarked on a journey towards my mother's province,Bicol. This is a trip she has been convincing the family to have pretty much every single summer, with reasons such as, "dapat pumunta tayo doon habang andyan pa Lola mo" and... hmmm. That pretty much is her reason all the time.



This year, though, was different. She managed to convince not just me but also my sister Ivy. Too bad nga lang because the days when we planned to go there coincided with the first day of her orientation to her new school. So, I was the only one left for her to convince.



Which turned out to be easy on her. One because my Lola actually asked her if she's going to visit, and two, because my cousin who used to live with my Lola but not anymore because he's already boarding somewhere in Naga City called my Mom and asked me the same thing. And three because the efficient maid of ours went there to visit her fam and we're not taking chances this time, baka she won't come back to us and then hell starts again here in the house.



So there. The trip going there was pretty much a breeze for me, because all I did was sleep in the back that was entirely my own. And it's precious, my cousin and my Lola's reaction upon seeing us in the flesh. Suprised is an understatement.



When we got there it was as hot as the steam bath in the gym, but after raining the weather fortunately cooled a bit.



Lola has cats codepending with her, I even planned on bringing one of the kittens home because it was so cute and so little and so frail. But because of those very same reasons I decided not to na lang. Chichi looks like a giant compared to the little kutings.



Anyway, while we were watching a few minutes upon arriving, a little girl came. Ayan o.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



She is four and shy and super puti and thin with almost blond hair. Then I thought, dang I met my mini me!



Hehe.



She couldn't speak tagalog, to which Ivy gave a huge "Duh!", she's my second cousin living next to my Lola's and she went there to just watch tv and sleep.



So there. Basically what we did there was watch tv, buy pasalubong, watch the Santacruzan [the Emperatriz was so pretty - she reminded me of Ryza Cenon] take a glimpse of the diskuhan [nope, no going there for me, lest sweet sweet dancing], sleep and go back home.



The trip back home was fairly the same, except that the maid is with us na, and she gets sick btw, and I got impatient like a child.



Saya di ba. Minamani na lang Bicol. =p



 

belle, validus, sapiens

  • I'm yves
  • From Laguna, Philippines
  • a little girl in a sort of woman's body laughs like there's no tomorrow a contented rebel pop culture worshipper adores anything with cheese her life is a chick flick. genuine, passionate, deep. i am me.
princess profile

chums



  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox