« Home | is untitled a good title? » | bwehe »

it's not perfect, but it's okay

it has been three days since my tita left for australia. yup, i know, it has been three days since he met the relatives. i actually lied to my sister about something - i didnt finish my lunch not just because i was excited i was gonna see him; i was more of nervous because he's gonna see the family.

but it went fine, despite the petty fight we had hours ago about what he'll bring. it went fine, can't believe it but it did. Ü

then we went stright to the airport to hatid my tita. she was so sweet; too bad we [dad, mom, ivy and i] aren't used to being expressive. even in her texts to me days later, she seemed like she really misses us. =/

~~~~
i remember ivy last night. i was relying to Mom what my tita's text was that day [it went like, take care and be good always... love you], and i was explaining that my reply to that was a simple Ü because i am not expressive. then ivy pops the question of the month: are people who are emotionally undeveloped what the society considers retarded?

then i answer her, matter-of-factly: "ano ka bonga? ang tawag dun, pusong bato!"

o well.

~~~~
back to the story. so, after going to the airport, we went to the mall to do our grocery, and went home afterwards. Mom and Dad were reminiscing about the relatives, like how kulit my cousins are, how kuya ganito got so fat and stuff... and then i realized, the angkan is not perfect, compared to what i made myself believe it to be. it's not.

there will always be someone, sometime, who will act as the anak. anak, in the sense that that person would make a very bad decision and do something stupid. somebody has to be that anak once in a while.

the thing is, i can say that i have suppressed that ability of mine for the past, let me count, decade more or less. i was like every kid; i wanted to grow up as fast as i could. and after an accident that involved my short temper, i realized that it was time to grow up. it was time not to commit mistakes. i figured i have to be perfect, more or less.

but i'm not, and so is everything, everyone. just look at my angkan. it's very typically dysfunctional, and now that i realized it, i have nothing but admiration for them.

asan na pasalubong ko? kidding. Ü

belle, validus, sapiens

  • I'm yves
  • From Laguna, Philippines
  • a little girl in a sort of woman's body laughs like there's no tomorrow a contented rebel pop culture worshipper adores anything with cheese her life is a chick flick. genuine, passionate, deep. i am me.
princess profile

chums



  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox