« Home | damn you, traffic. » | Fun, fun fun. » | sa tono ng dying inside. » | how dp are you? » | sucking the poison out of my life. » | too long nails hurt. » | the last hurrah. » | si eunice ay isang loser. =D » | stream of consciousness » | hay. »

On The Break Up.

written 8/20/2006 736p

Before anything else, I just had to share this. I loved The Break Up. Yeah, that is one of the sacrifices a movie fan slash law student must endure, not getting to watch movies on time. I mean, I was supposed to watch My Super Ex-Girlfriend last night but well, curling up in my bed resting my aching head after a degrading Crim midterms just seemed sweeter.

Anyway, thanks to Ninoy we don’t have tests tomorrow so I was given the opportunity to be laidback today, just like any other Sunday. Insert evil laugh here.

Hehe. Ivy just came over and complained how she didn’t like the ending of The Break Up. They didn’t even get back together, she complains. How fun.

But that’s the beauty of it, I think. An open-ended uhm, ending.

I loved it. I loved how it was presented, straightforward, and simple. Anyway, seeing these two people who obviously still cared for each other hurt each other is too much to handle. You just see how little by little the relationship deteriorated because of lack of communication. I can’t blame either of them, though: at their age it’s sort of a common knowledge to well, air out what ticks them, as soon as possible. And that’s what happened: he’s a guy who does everything that he wants all the time, she’s a girl who loves him she does everything that he wants, and everything was just left hanging.

I was scared for a couple of times, when he finally realized what to do, that she would give the relationship another try. But spending merely an hour with them ruining the relationship is enough for anyone to stop her from giving in. Everything that just happened has been that heavy in the heart. There is just no way for a sane person to say yes to another try to something like that.

That is why I liked the ending. Evidently they still have a bubble, and maybe they really just needed the time off to grow up and purge themselves of every little bad thing that went with their break up. There’s nothing wrong with recharging, right.

I liked the movie. That is the closest that one can get to real life and everything in it.


I’m happy though; it is fiction.

belle, validus, sapiens

  • I'm yves
  • From Laguna, Philippines
  • a little girl in a sort of woman's body laughs like there's no tomorrow a contented rebel pop culture worshipper adores anything with cheese her life is a chick flick. genuine, passionate, deep. i am me.
princess profile

chums



  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox