« Home | sa tono ng dying inside. » | how dp are you? » | sucking the poison out of my life. » | too long nails hurt. » | the last hurrah. » | si eunice ay isang loser. =D » | stream of consciousness » | hay. » | drama, drama, drama. » | judgment day. »

Fun, fun fun.

written 8/16/2006 11:19 P

Yes. I am supposed to be studying right now, for my midterms on Saturday. Don’t get me wrong, it was not a deliberate decision for me to be indolent tonight. Something just happened tonight, that would have been a major factor (AGAIN.) in me feeling apprehensive, if it weren’t for the salvaging that was done right on time.

But something just had to pay for it. Hence, this entry in exchange for my time reviewing.

I’m happy though, and grateful. I still haven’t lost the fire. I am still on a roll. Just had to get these off my mind.

****
More than a dozen moons ago I had an entry about my resolutions for me to survive law school. Since I am seeing it and yes, experiencing it from the other side of things (oh, do I really have to have a disclaimer? BEAR WITH ME TONIGHT, DEARS. THIS ENTRY IS JUST A STREAM-OF-CONSCIOUSNESS MOMENT.) I feel I have learned quite a lot that most law students would find to be of great help. Ah shit, am babbling.

Oy, I’m not being a know-it-all here. Truth be told, I am posting this merely in the guise of being a guide for other would-be alipin ng batas but really, I am posting this for myself. Yon, self-serving.

Unsolicited advice (from me and my profs both in school and in life), coming up:
- First impressions last.
- Unity. Very important.
- Bonding moments. Orsem is such a brilliant idya.
- This is not college. Can’t be absent just for the heck of it. It’s frustrating, not just for the prof, but for your blockmates as well. Sorry, at the end of the day you’re still a competitor in the school’s bets for the Bar.
- Basis, basis, basis. And never forget your common sense.
- No crabbing. Forget about competing for the highest grade.
- Be brief and concise in answering exams. (I had a vindicating moment about this just this Monday, and I was floating on cloud 9 because of that.)
- Never come to class unprepared. Apostasy yon.
- A charming, organized, mildly OC beadle helps a lot. (awww I miss patty =s)
- Adjust your body clock starting today. Being an insomniac won’t help you pass the Bar. (Yes, it came from someone who sleeps at 3am)
- Never ever debate with a prof. Don’t believe everything that he says either.
- Crankiness is never an excuse. Lahat tayo puyat, ineng.
- Ang katapat lang ng isang bad day ay isang mild na serye ng moments ng rebelyon. After non, aral ulit.
- A high I.Q. doesn’t guarantee you passing the Bar. (I agree with what they say, law students are either smart or maabilidad.)
- Extra-curriculars matter.
- Just don’t stop.
- You need a strong heart in law school.
- And a strong will.
- Karma does exist.
- Just do your best, you don’t have to prove anything to anyone. Just to yourself.

See, told you. More for me siya. Anyway.

****
Monday, that vindicating day. That was the day I realized I have quite a lot of pet peeves. Pet peeves that I never thought I had. Nakakapikon.

The sadder part of that is, the people whom I’ve talked to about it, all gave “yeah-I-thought-that’s-settled-already” yeses.

Yeah, probably because of the situation. I am already estopped, I know. I have already declared that I will never get over it. But at least I have already accepted it. Not fully, of course, because little things that shouldn’t bother me still do, but I hope I’m getting there.

The other day though I attributed it to the fact that I’m getting older. Remember, in a month’s time I will renew my license. That I am starting to lose the littlest inch of patience I have within. O gaaad no. I’m being Molly Gunn of Uptown Girls when she saw an old woman when she looked in the mirror on her 22nd birthday. Whoah, how apt huh.

I am more on the fact that really, I am not happy. Well fine, not as happy as I used to be. Don’t get me wrong, I love the company of the people I see everyday, but let’s put it this way. I have experienced for myself the fact that there’s more to life than this. And I am here not just because I have to finish what I started, or because I have to prove myself to myself, but because I know if I finish this right I can be with the people and the circumstances that make me the happiest.

So this is me huh. Not smoking or drinking. Just secretly angry about almost everything. Saya.

****
A couple of minutes ago I was talking to a fellow law student and I was telling him about the walk out that happened today in the Congress while in the middle of discussions about the impeachment. I was telling it with the usual tone that law students have when narrating the facts of a case, i.e., the tone one uses when gossiping. And well, let us just say he was apathetic about it.

I get it. It’s just politics. I even ended up questioning my reaction to it. I just concluded that it was interesting because that’s the learned men’s soap opera. But really, really. Why be interested in it.

And to think that I have long resigned from caring about the politics in the country. I find it funny, actually; law students having no care about current events. It is so current eh, masyadong intermittent. To preserve my sanity, or the littlest semblance of it that I have, I have decided to be apathetic about politics like a year ago.

Guess I’m not used to it. That the last few times I have heard of chizmax like that a President was in the brink of getting ousted. And it’s fun and traumatizing at the same time, I guess. How could old men act so f*cking immature.

****
I learn a lot from movies. I love the smell of freshly dried laundry. Wala lang.
Hmmm, I believe I got a text that resembled that a couple of nights ago. Haha. =p

I just realized tonight. I take a lot from the movies that I like. Yes that selection is not really impressive, it being jam-packed with chick flicks, but hey. I feel like I am a combination of my favorite movies. And yes my education and the people around me and my experience, but you get my point right?

I base it on the fact (takte, parang wala akong natutunan kay Chu ha. Operative word, parang. =p) that I don’t have an ate, an older sibling. These movies were the first cases that I had to absorb the doctrines of. (Ayos ang grammar schmammar alert.) It seems like I learn the little lessons in every movie by heart and make it rules in leading my life. So to know me is to watch my movies? Hahaha.

Yes. Sleepy at 1230. Believe me, that’s an accomplishment.

Back to studying tomorrow then. And midterms. Then I’ll write here like hell.

Go codal. Btw, I found an effective though geeky version of bedtime stories: reviewing for nego by explaining it to a layman. The layman being, someone who has yet to take up nego. Hahaha.

yaaaak!!! bedtime stories?! may kasama ba 'tong, "i can't sleep without being tucked in... tuck me in please? :D " bwahahaha!!! :P

Post a Comment

belle, validus, sapiens

  • I'm yves
  • From Laguna, Philippines
  • a little girl in a sort of woman's body laughs like there's no tomorrow a contented rebel pop culture worshipper adores anything with cheese her life is a chick flick. genuine, passionate, deep. i am me.
princess profile

chums



  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox