« Home | hay. » | Tama si Ness. Bubula ang bibig ko. » | para matapos na ang kabanatang ito. » | gimbal ang mga pusang ito. get a room. » | basta. the things to write about sa next entry. » | eh. » | last na. napapakinggan ko kasi e. » | shit! anung oras na! » | ate glee » | uncontinuous flow of thought »

Redemption at EK

So. Saturday the girls and I went to Enchanted Kingdom as volunteers [i.e., ates for a day] to little kiddos. Not exactly my first time to be a volunteer to such poor little things, but it’s certainly my first time to bring a little kid around EK.

The kid that I got was a girl, a nine year-old girl named Sheila. Didn’t get her whole name though, unlike dear Ms. Bungisngis who soooooooo adored her baby boy. Chiz was even laughing when I told him about it, nagets kasi the connection eh.

I shared the kid with Shem. Pero in reality, I was the only one who took care of the kid, Shem kasi e, masyadong pinaghalatang ayaw sa mga bata. There was even this one time when Eunice, Shem and I were resting beside Jungle Log Jam [yuck. Parang ang tatanda na namin.] and we were fighting about who to look after the little kid.

Shem: Ikaw ang mag-alaga sa anak mo!
Yves: Aba, anak mo rin eto no!
Eunice: Great. I’m with a lesbian couple.


I have to admit, I wasn’t that thrilled upon seeing the kid. Syempre tao rin ako, I also have my own biases. But nevertheless I tried to take care of her just like her real ate. I may not be that passionate as other girls with regard to kids and having some of their own, pero I do adore children. I like the feeling of being surprised, amused, and rejuvenated after talking to a little child. It amazes me to see how their uncorrupted minds and pure hearts work. How kids talk and act like and wish to be grown-ups. Because really, if I’ll be given a chance, I’d wish to be a kid forever.

Peter Pan, ikaw ba yan?

Moving on. When she said she didn’t wanna ride Anchors Away, I was somehow convinced that it’s gonna be a long day, having a kj kid. Pero no, she didn’t even finish her lunch because of much excitement to ride hmmmm…. how do I say this… the little car na meron din naman sa mga malls.

I dunno how to describe what exactly happened after we rode Flying Fiesta. Sure, I was screaming like hell [because I was scared my tsinelas will fall off], I was even joking that I wanna go down na. But dear Sheila, she stayed on, I was even scared that she had a heart attack during the ride because I didn’t hear even a screech from her. After the ride, when I was asking her about the ride, she was practically lecturing me. It went like this:

Sheila: Ikaw nga sigaw ka ng sigaw eh.
Yves: Eh natakot ako baka malipad yung tsinelas ko.
Sheila: Wala naman yun eh. Ni hindi nga ako natakot. Ewan ko ba sa yo bat ka natakot.


Yeah, I was part ashamed of myself for being such a big wuss. The other part though, was a weird one. The feeling of being comforted by a little child.

Where do they get their strength? Is it because they’re still too young to remember what happened to them, or is it because they have yet to see and experience things that made me who I am?

Take note, muntikan nang hindi na naman ako mag Space Shuttle. At oo, nauna ulit si Sheila sa kin. I just decided I gotta do it this time when while they’re all there, it started to rain [kainggit], and because of these factors:

a. Hindi na ko bata.
b. Wala nang restrictions na binigay sa kin si Dad sa mga sasakyan ko.
c. Pangatlong visit ko na yun.
d. Nakakadiri na yun.
e. Kelangan ko nang magpakatao.
f. Ayaw ko nang magregret.

In fairness, gimbal ang Space Shuttle. What’s scary lang naman is the part before the ride starts, when the sasakyan almost goes vertical. I was freaking scared that the thing that protects me would actually get defective on me and let me die without me even getting started with my last will. Pero hindi. Minsan medyo oa lang talaga ang pagkaparanoid ko.

It was exhilarating, the feeling of liberation. Another “finally-I-can-go-on-with-my-life” moment. Felt like I was ninoohan after, though.

And yes. Finally went well with the bump car. The last time kasi that I went bumpcarring, I was that bano in driving I was just rotating in one point. Oo, grammar schmammar alert na naman, pero seryoso.

After Space Shuttle though, Shiela started being a bit of a spoiled baby. She kept on making parinig about buying her ice cream. I can buy it naman, di ba, but the thing is I didn’t like the fact that she opted that approach. Hindi na lang, “ate, pwede bang pabili ng ice cream?” just like how Ness said it. Pero there.

That time when she didn’t finish her hotdog [gusto ko yung spiral, btw] and I really was being a sort of Mom to her, that was the time when my friends knew my intentions not to have a kid of my own. I don’t think they took it seriously, but that’s the truth.

Well, that’s that. She was generally a nice kid. She smiled and waved goodbye when they left. What really touched me, btw, was that she held my hand throughout the day. Sobrang touching. Wala naman kasing hands si Chiquichi di ba.

I’ve to admit, syempre, medyo turned off din when that happened. Pero I’m just looking at it from her eyes. She doesn’t have parents. Sparse lang ang attention that she gets. Feeling nya close na kami. I just look that gullible.

O well.

Ooh, ice cream.Ü

belle, validus, sapiens

  • I'm yves
  • From Laguna, Philippines
  • a little girl in a sort of woman's body laughs like there's no tomorrow a contented rebel pop culture worshipper adores anything with cheese her life is a chick flick. genuine, passionate, deep. i am me.
princess profile

chums



  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox